Hei from Australia

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Right now we're playing against Tromsdalen. 17 minutes into the first half. 0-0 so far
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

You can see here, it's a ranking of norwegian clubs (football and others) by average attendance of home games. Rosenborg's arena Lerkendal has a capacity of somewhere just over 20.000. Ullevaal, which houses Lyn and Vålerenga, is slightly larger. Brann Stadion is somewhat smaller than Lerkendal. Both Rosenborg and Brann usually have a crowd that's not too far from full capacity, and this is about as much as you get here.
Last edited by Kesseboy on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

The top two-three teams in Norway draw crowds of around 20.000.
eidurgud

Post by eidurgud »

michzm wrote:I Don't know why i'm asking you guys, mainly because you seem pritty intune with the game but anyway. Does anyone happen to know what happened to an Australian Goalkeeper called Mark Bosnich? he has completely dissapeared off the radar in Australia not long after testing positive to Crack Cocaine at Chelse...the only real news I could find about him is that he is playing in some charity match this weekend or something, me and a friend just assumed the he retired but there is nothing pointing in either direction....we had a seach the Australian way (lazy and half arsed) and found nothing of interest. Care to shed some light on this?
Paul Merson tried to get him to Walsall back in 2004, but I think he rejected the offer. That's the last I've heard about him.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

An hour ago, in Bodø: 7c, rain, wind, rain, wind, more rain, more wind. All the snow that was here when I arrived on tuesday is now gone.

Glimtfølelsen.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

yesterday, Oslo was really foggy and cold, but still no snow.
-Faris Moumbagna
FSHelgeland

Post by FSHelgeland »

Off course ;-)
Tippeliga 2015
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Just got back up in my chair after my daily filling :lol:

Glimtfølelsen.
Michzm1

Re: Hei from Australia

Post by Michzm1 »

Believe it or not, I AM still alive and trying to follow the team. I still have the scarf on display and occationally wear it out to local matches. Still definitly one of my first team picks in Football Manager :lol: So whats the big news in the....long time since ive been here :glimt
Remembers when he had a job...you know... before the world melted
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

G'day mate! :lol:

It's been over a year since your last post, I think? And quite a bit has changed. This time last year we were happy, now ... we're really not!

Glimtfølelsen.
Michzm1

Post by Michzm1 »

how bad are we talking?
Remembers when he had a job...you know... before the world melted
Ville Lehtinen

Post by Ville Lehtinen »

Glimt are in the relegation zone, second to last with only four games to go. The next game is tomorrow against Strømsgodset who are on the place above us with equal points. That game will pretty much decide if Glimt will have a chance to survive.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

And we lost that one. 3-0... OK-ish 1st half (0-0), terrible 2nd half. The story of Glimt 2009.

3 matches left, and we need minimum 6 points. (That's what Kåre said). The three matches left is: Firstly our arch enemy Tromsø (home), Stabæk (away) and finally Odd Grenland (home), wich may be too ironic for my taste. They can return the favor and send us down. I think they would like that.

Anyways, you should have been here last season. We were a newly promoted team through playoff (We beat Odd Grenland, they got relegated, we promoted), and soared through the league and finished 4th. The place above this year winners (yes, that's already settled) Rosenborg. In 2008, we lost only one game at home, and that was the last match at home, no less.

before the 2008 season, everyone thought we practically would become walkover for the most of the other teams. Every pre season table tip, save one, put Glimt at the last place. When we told the "experts" to sod off and finished 4th, it was fun to be a Glimt supporter.. (Taking a stroll down memory lane).

This year, though. Feels like 2005. Except in 2005, we occasionally played good football: victory over Brann away, and almost a genuine rape of (again) Odd Grenland at home. This year, we plain and simple suck. That's all there is to it.

I have been at some dubious stadiums in the Adeccoliga before, and I'll probably survive this time too. I just hope we don't loose our pro-licence

Cheers.
-Faris Moumbagna
glimtpia

Post by glimtpia »

Yes, hello from Australia! :D
Seier
ingen87

Post by ingen87 »

Michzm1 wrote:Believe it or not, I AM still alive and trying to follow the team. I still have the scarf on display and occationally wear it out to local matches. Still definitly one of my first team picks in Football Manager :lol:
It's incredible what FM can do with a man! :lol:
I've still got weekly newsletter and match schelude from Cambridge United! I played my best FM (then CM 03/04) save with this team!
Førr Evig!