Hei from Australia

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

That's not to shabby, no. We've been discussing on here, some times, what level the Norwegian football holds compared to english football. We can never agree :wink:

Are you up to speed on what happens in Glimt these days? Suppose perhaps you aren't that into reading norwegian, but some of it might be understandable?
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Well, we'll try to fill you in on some things then!

The buzz of today relates to this thread: phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5129. Glimt.no editor and long time youth organization coach Børre Arntzen has written an article about ur hero, Runar Berg, saying that he hopes for Berg to improve his performances even more. Berg was injured during the start of the season, but since he returned Glimt have not lost any league matches. Arntzen feels, however, like quite a few of us do, that Berg hasn't been performing as good as we know he can. He has been showing glimpses of brilliance, with assists and goals, but hasn't quite displayed the ability to dominate games on a consistant and lasting basis. And although the team has an outstanding unbeaten run, the performances haven't always been what we'd hope for, bearing in mind that direct promotion -- and not the qualifying place -- has been the goal from the very beginning of the season.

Also, on monday, two african players are coming to trial. They are said to be promising, and we're hoping for the best. This has raised some discussion, though, regarding the number of non-EEC players in the club. Since we are only allowed to pick two non-EEC players for any matchday squad, some of us are concerned that having more than to (at the moment Randall Brenes and Roy Miller) would cause some problems.

EDIT: All our players are really heroes. We usually don't get too angry with anyone, we're such a loving bunch :wink: Vegard Sannes is a team hero, among others, see this thread: phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5059

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

The disclaimer reads that the person whos name is on the order has to be 18 or older, and there's some info about the price for shipment. Looks to be only national, I don't know if they ship abroad. Perhaps you could mail them, or perhaps someone else here knows?

Glimtfølelsen.
Glimtsupporter

Post by Glimtsupporter »

michzm: Send me an PM with your address, and I can send you a scarf...

What could be better than if everybody on this forum sent scarfs around the world :D
FSHelgeland

Post by FSHelgeland »

Me like!!! Welcome you proud Australian fan of the best football team in the world. You make me proud... Just the tought of that we have members and fans from down under....

I think you have to keep us updated about australian talents.. who knows maybee we can get an australian youngster whom will be a great star in the future...

Me like me like... im ecstatic...waltsing mathilda and Down under (Men at Work).... Hope we see you on a game one time.... you will be wery welcome....

My english aint maybee the best, but i do hope you understand anyway...

Best regards Freddy
Tippeliga 2015
Lars Hasvoll Bakke
Polemikonstabel

Post by Lars Hasvoll Bakke »

Welcome to Glimtforum Michzm, very cool too see Glimt having an inter-continental fanbase :D

A non football-question: I called some people down in Australia the other day (at their workplace). At first, I got to the switchboard of their company, which then patched me through to their private phone lines. While I waited for the person I was calling to pick up, something unexpected happened.

A lot of companies in Norway, England, the US etc. have some cheesy music playing for people who are waiting for a person to pick up the phone. What I experienced on several occations the other day, was not waiting-music, but a kind of waiting-chat. One time, there was this guy explaning something, while the other time, I heard two women having a conversation about some project one of them was involved in. These talking voices dissapeared as abruptly as they occured, when the person I was calling picked up the phone. I just sat their laughing a bit to myself afterwards.

What kind of system is this? Is this what I think it is? Random conversations for people to listen to while they are waiting? I have never even heard of this before!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

OT: Have all the teams changed names in the A-leauge? Got a Perth Glory shirt, have they changed their name?
Pekri10

Post by Pekri10 »

michzm wrote: There was one thing I wasn't sure about, can anyone explain the cercuimstances about Chad Gibson one year at the club? does anyone know why he was there only for a year? He went from Marconi Stallions in Sydney, there for a year then back to Marconi Stallions. I'm guessing he was a loan perhaps?
That´s correct. Gibbo was on a loan contract with an option for Glimt to buy him. Unfotunately just as he was about to fight his way into the start line up the coach that brought him to the club quit the job after a long run of bad results and massive pressure from the media. The new coach Øystein Gåre obviously didn´t have belief in Gibbo, and he wasn´t really showing him the confidence he needed. Gibbo was quite popular with the fans who used to sing:
We love you Gibbo we do
We love you Gibbo we do
We love you Gibbo we do
Ooooh, Gibbo we love you

I´m sure you know the tune. :)

Edit: Actually I think Gibbo returned in the summer. I not quite sure, but I think so. So then he was here only half a season. I felt a little bit sad about that, because I felt Gibbo was playing with a great heart. I felt he really wanted to succeed in our club.
Noe resignert medlem av DGH don´t wannabes (Glimt i sør) http://www.glimtsupporter.com og
Scandinavian Hammers http://www.westham.no
Mariasha

Post by Mariasha »

I'm pretty sure he left during the fall.. Because we interviewed him for this thing we did at school after the match against Brann, on September 29th 2001 or something, and he mentioned only having one or two matches left for Glimt before he returned to Marconi Stallions.
Pekri10

Post by Pekri10 »

Mariasha wrote:I'm pretty sure he left during the fall.. Because we interviewed him for this thing we did at school after the match against Brann, on September 29th 2001 or something, and he mentioned only having one or two matches left for Glimt before he returned to Marconi Stallions.
Okey! I rest my case... :wink:
Noe resignert medlem av DGH don´t wannabes (Glimt i sør) http://www.glimtsupporter.com og
Scandinavian Hammers http://www.westham.no
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

It should be noted that Gibbo was extremely unlucky as well. His first game in the starting lineup ended for him after just barely 40 minutes, after being awarded two yellow cards. You could see him during the half-time warmup sending the ball into the crossbar repeatedly, from 20 yards out. Undoubtably a player with a lot more talent than he had the chance to display, and an example of how Glimt have had difficulties getting the best out of foreign players.

Glimtfølelsen.
FSHelgeland

Post by FSHelgeland »

michzm wrote:
And Freddy, Id love to be in the Crowd but it better be the Extreme Fan section! how many people do you get to a usual game? I want to be in with the crowd section that sings and cheers and doesnt sit down for the whole game waving their scarfs above their head, I know I wont be able to sing along very well but I could mumble something that sounded something like the songs.
In a game no... im not sure because the crowd dropped a bit when we were relegated... but somwhere between 3-4000. The extreme fan section has on the other hand grown and on a game it woud be about 400 i think... Im also sure that we would manage to learn you some of the songs before the game...

Here is some examples:

Vi e Bodø/Glimt
(melodi: Mighty Quinn)

Vi e Bodø/Glimt.
(klapp klapp)
Ja vi e Bodø/Glimt.
(klapp klapp)
Vi ska vinn i dag,
førr vi e Bodø/Glimt!

klapp= clap your hands

Det som å se Brasil
(melodi: Keano, there’s only one Keano…)

Bra-asil
Det som å se Brasil.
Det som å se Brasil.
Det som å se Brasil.
Bra-asil…

the first one says: we are Bodø/Glimt yes we are Bodø/Glimt, we will win today because we are Bodø/Glimt

and the next one is easy.... Brasil its like watching Brasil...

And you have to be among us....
Tippeliga 2015
Novi

Post by Novi »

Kesseboy wrote:It should be noted that Gibbo was extremely unlucky as well. His first game in the starting lineup ended for him after just barely 40 minutes, after being awarded two yellow cards. You could see him during the half-time warmup sending the ball into the crossbar repeatedly, from 20 yards out. Undoubtably a player with a lot more talent than he had the chance to display, and an example of how Glimt have had difficulties getting the best out of foreign players.
Glimt have'nt handled foreig talents well the past years, but when it comes to Gibbo I think he just were'nt good enough. Kind of like Peltola. And that's more of a critisism (?) of the people buying the player than the player himself.
Una mas cerveza.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Yeah, perhaps, perhaps he wasn't good enough to cut it at the top level, but I'd still like to see him get more chances. Especially players from other countries, who have a different view of training, I think rise more with being trusted with first team appearances, than they shine in the trainings to get picked. But of course, you might be just right.

Glimtfølelsen.
Moikaw

Post by Moikaw »

Swift is as far as I know a standardised messaging service and interface software that is used around the whole world to simplify communication between i.e. banks.
Check out http://www.swift.com/ to get more answers.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. :glimt