Hei from Australia

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Aussie, Aussie,Aussie!!
Oi, Oi, Oi!!

Aussie, Oi!
Aussie, Oi!

Aussie, Aussie,Aussie!!
Oi, Oi, Oi!!

:)
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

michzm wrote:..... no beer at the stadium :shock:

thats not too bad I guess, how close is the pub from the stadium? stagering distance? Here it's perfectly legal, as I said, it's overprice, undersized and sooo weak....its almost like American beer ewww....

so you can't drink it there.....so what is the choice out side of the place? and I'd imagine ever person has their own choice or is there just one almost everyone drinks?
There used to be a pub at the stadium, but I believe that they had to stop serving alcohol one hour before kick off. That's Norway for you :) The place where the supporters meet now is about a ten minute walk from the stadium. It's called Rock Cafè.

http://www.rock-cafe.no/

As for what people drink, Nordlandspils is the local beer. The brewery got bought by Ringnes (who is owned by Carlsberg), and they closed down the local production and moved it to Oslo. As a result many people in Bodø boycotts Nordlandspils (and other Ringnes products) now. Myself, I drink Guinness everywhere I go :)

http://www.myspace.com/nordlandspils
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Should be noted, though, that UEFA this season decided that there shouldn't be served alcohol in the stands during Champions League games. So maybe Norway isn't quite as strange as it seems.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

In England you can't bring the beer with you to the stands. You have to drink it in a designated area. At least where I have been. In Germany you can bring it with you to your seat. And they also sell something called Glüwine (spelling?). It's red wine with.. eehh... a bunch of other stuff :) but it's really good. Keeps you warm
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

michzm wrote: As for Guinness......I didn't like it the first time I tried it but the moreI drink it the more I coming to like it...shame its so damn expensive here :evil: I worked it out to be about 25NOK per Pint.
You have a lot to learn about Norway, my friend... Over here it's usually about 70 NOK a pint. Yeah, I live in the most expensive city in the world:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/4669400.stm
ostogvin

Post by ostogvin »

Glimt1916 wrote:
michzm wrote: As for Guinness......I didn't like it the first time I tried it but the moreI drink it the more I coming to like it...shame its so damn expensive here :evil: I worked it out to be about 25NOK per Pint.
You have a lot to learn about Norway, my friend... Over here it's usually about 70 NOK a pint. Yeah, I live in the most expensive city in the world:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/4669400.stm
While it certainly is possible to get 0.5l of beer for over 70 NOK, you can get it quite a bit cheaper if you don't go to the fancy places (even in Oslo.)

Here is a list of beer prices this summer in some norwegian cities: http://pub.tv2.no/dyn-nettavisen/printv ... ?id=672521

These places all serve beer outdoors, which is the big thing in Norway in the short summer we have. Bars where all tables are indoors are often a bit cheaper. It's still really expensive though, so you there will be no sympathy here for 25 NOK for a pint :)
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

ostogvin wrote:
While it certainly is possible to get 0.5l of beer for over 70 NOK, you can get it quite a bit cheaper if you don't go to the fancy places (even in Oslo.)
Bohemen and Garage has the cheapest pint of Guinness in Oslo at 56 and 58 NOK. Everywhere else I've been is 68 NOK or more. Lager is of course cheaper. At Evergreen it's 20 NOK for 0,4. That's the cheapest place I've been to in Oslo
ostogvin

Post by ostogvin »

Glimt1916 wrote:
ostogvin wrote:
Bohemen and Garage has the cheapest pint of Guinness in Oslo at 56 and 58 NOK. Everywhere else I've been is 68 NOK or more. Lager is of course cheaper. At Evergreen it's 20 NOK for 0,4. That's the cheapest place I've been to in Oslo
Yes.. of course, my fault. I didn't read the Guinness part :) Then my post just shows that the prices are even worse, as (non import) lager is often sold at over 70 kr for 0.5l as well.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Glimt1916 wrote:about 70 NOK a pint.
This is BS.

Some places it is very expensive, but overall the prices are lower.

My favourite hangouts has these prices: Rock In, Oslo 33,- Biblos, Oslo 38,- Möllers, Oslo 39, (29 if the owner is behind the bar, I know him), Garage, Oslo 48,- Maiden, Oslo: 39,- All this prices is for a Pint. (exept Biblos.. they use 0,44(!) )

It has been a while since I bought a beer in Bodø, so I don't know the prices here.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Read the Guinness part :wink:
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Glimt1916 wrote:
ostogvin wrote:
where exatly is evergreen. I have heard about the place but never been there. 20 for 0,4 is the same as the place "lille Laila" 25,- for 0,5 but there are only drunkards there, so it's not worth it.
-Faris Moumbagna
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

Sulliken wrote:
where exatly is evergreen
http://kart.gulesider.no/kart/map.c?id=a_191740
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Ahh.. now I know. They have reopened vith another name.. Not far from Blitz, right?

Edit: or not.
-Faris Moumbagna
Moikaw

Post by Moikaw »

michzm wrote:Personally I like Carlton Draft myself but I doubt any of you know that brand.
Then you've probably seen this ad. To all the Norwegians, this is what a beer-ad should look like:
http://gprime.net/video.php/bigad
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. :glimt
Moikaw

Post by Moikaw »

Actually it's a Flashdance ripoff, but who cares about the details... :wink:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. :glimt