My home Town Represented in Norway

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

madbertha

Post by madbertha »

Runar Berg played 30 matches for Venezia in 99-01, scoring 2 goals.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Bengt Sæternes played for Belgian side FC Brügge, Stig Johansen had a short spell at Southampton, Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen spent some time at Hertha Berlin, Harald Brattbakk spent some years in Glasgow Celtic, Jan Derek Sørensen for a while at Borussia Dortmund. None of these are really from Bodø, but all played for Glimt.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Los-Loco

Re: My home Town Represented in Norway

Post by Los-Loco »

michzm wrote:Has anyone from Bodo ever represented a big european club or anywhere else around the world?
Harald, Ørjan and Runar Berg have all played in european clubs, allthough it can be questioned wether or not "grasshoppers" is a "big european club". :lol:

Jahn Ivar Mini Jakobsen played for Young Boys in Switzerland.

We have several Glimt players that have played for european clubs, but those players are not born in Bodø:

Ivar Morten Nordmark
Tom Kåre Staurvik
Andre Hanssen
Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen
Stig Johansen
Bengt Sæternes

There are probably more, but I could not remember just now.
"Den virkelige faren er ikke at datamaskiner skal begynne å tenke som mennesker, men at mennesker skal begynne å tenke som datamaskiner!" Sydney Harris
Ola

Post by Ola »

Los-Loco wrote:
michzm wrote:Has anyone from Bodo ever represented a big european club or anywhere else around the world?
Harald, Ørjan and Runar Berg have all played in european clubs, allthough it can be questioned wether or not "grasshoppers" is a "big european club". :lol:

Jahn Ivar Mini Jakobsen played for Young Boys in Switzerland.

We have several Glimt players that have played for european clubs, but those players are not born in Bodø:

Ivar Morten Nordmark
Tom Kåre Staurvik
Andre Hanssen
Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen
Stig Johansen
Bengt Sæternes

There are probably more, but I could not remember just now.
Where do you think Staurvik is born?
dalers

Post by dalers »

hehe, Ammetåka er en farlig ting. Den er i styrke med den livsfarlige tidståka :lol:

(Normark uten d, Locoen!)

in english:
The ammefog is a dangerous thing. Its in the league with the deadly timefog...

(Normark withot the d, Locoen!)
Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom
Danny Blanchflower, Tottenham 1954-64
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

As more are pointed out, we can fill'em in.

Tom Kåre Staurvik played for NAC Breda in the Dutch Eeresdivisie (EDIT: He also had a short stay in China), while André Hanssen at the moment plays for Herenveen. An iceland international, Kristian Jönsson had a disappointing stay at Glimt, but went on to play in the english 2. and 3. levels, at which club I cannot remember. If I'm not mistaking, however, he went on to become captain for the Iceland international team.
Last edited by Kesseboy on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glimtfølelsen.
Trapattoni

Post by Trapattoni »

Los-Loco wrote:Jahn Ivar Mini Jakobsen played for Young Boys in Switzerland.
Mini also played for Duisburg(Germany) and Lierse(Belgium).
Trapattoni

Post by Trapattoni »

Kesseboy wrote:Tom Kåre Staurvik played for NAC Breda in the Dutch Eeresdivisie (EDIT: He also had a short stay in China)
FC Shenhua in China and GIF Sundsvall, Sweeden.
tomath

Post by tomath »

michzm wrote: was looking though some of the team line of F. C. Lyn Oslo and I noticed a player by the name of Dylan Macallister is in their main line up. I found this player interesting because he grew up in the same suburb as me and played for the same junior club as me....although I really haven't been quiet as successful .
You may already know this, but Bodø/Glimt actually tried to buy Dylan from Brann before this season. He turned us down though because he didn't want to move down a division and joined Lyn instead.
Novi

Post by Novi »

Trapattoni wrote:
Kesseboy wrote:Tom Kåre Staurvik played for NAC Breda in the Dutch Eeresdivisie (EDIT: He also had a short stay in China)
FC Shenhua in China and GIF Sundsvall, Sweeden.
And after seeing Shanghai Shenua in action against Atletico Madrid, I'll say that him playing for Harstad this weekend is a bigger accomplishment ;)
Una mas cerveza.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

According to vg.no (Norwegian newspaper, whose statistics aren't always too reliable), Stefanutto is something of a regular, being fielded in the first eleven in all but two games this season. Wehrman I know is struggling with the restriction on non-EEC players, as Khaled Mouelhi and Olivier Occean seem to be considered more vital players than Wehrman.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Clayton Zane was a flop at Molde, but really sparked things off at Lillestrøm. He was then sold to Belgium, and we haven't heard much of him since. If he played in the 2nd division, it would probably be for Molde's 2nd team, I suppose.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Oh, that's too bad, I didn't know. It was strange, because he wasn't able to perform anything at all at Molde, but was a dominating player in the Tippeliga when he came to Lillestrøm. It's a shame he had to retire.

Glimtfølelsen.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

michzm wrote:Just wondering if anyone know about Kasey Wehrman or Shane Stefanutto from Lillestrøm S.K. Any one know if these Australians are playing regularly or not?
at least Kasey is fairly regular i guess....
no ser eg atter.....

i min hunds øyne drukner jeg mine dypeste sorger.

- Henrik Wergeland

http://www.amstaffnorge.org
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Seems that the FA will be changing the rules, expanding the non-EEC quota from two to three players as of next season. That means that Wehrman or Stefanutto are less likely to be chopped as a result of their nationality.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Zane at least managed to put his mark on the Norwegian league, with a lot of good performances. When it comes to Gibson, he didn't get a lot of chances when he was with us, but you could see from the half-time warm up that he at least had some skills. He would stand and put the ball into the crossbar repeatedly from 20 yards. From what I heard, he didn't make an embarassment of himself in trainings either, the time he was here.

Glimtfølelsen.