Updates on Glimt

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Radio3 yes. Usually the broadcast is transmitted both over the FM band and a web stream. But now, the web stream must be shut down during games.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

The deal seems to be that Radio3 have the local rights to broadcast Glimt's away games, but a webcast isn't considered "local". I agree that it seems odd--I could understand it if the games were regularly available in some other way, ie. in a web stream from a TV channel (TV2), like Tippeligaen (the premier league). But since games in Adeccoligaen are sent like that only once in a pink moon, I don't see the problem. Fortunately for us, TV2 have decided to show one Adeccoliga match every Saturday on national regular TV, so hopefully we will get to get at least some live action.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

The greedy corrupt hands here belong to TV2, Telenor and Rune Hauge. Ever heard of him? He is a football agent who was in cahoots with George Graham during Graham's spell at Arsenal, and even had his agent's licence suspended for a while. But he negotiated the deal between the Norwegian FA (I guess?) and TV2/Telenor. It's been said before, but to repeat it the deal all in all ended up at around NKR 1.3B (!!!!!!) (if I'm not terribly wrong) over three years, where Hauge got his own hands on somewhere around NKR 200M. The result is that TV2 and Telenor want to control everything that happens, go totally commercial, and the FA are doing what they can to avoid annoying their bidders, afraid the value will go down for the next bidding round. Hence, restrictions on local radio even when the local radio doesn't compete with anything else.

TV2 controls the TV side of the deal, Telenor with the cellular/mobile content, and I suppose they are cooperating when it comes to Internet Content. And it's amusing sometimes to hear the people at TV2, they are completely unable to criticize their own product. Is a game drawn 0-0 with 20 minutes to play? The game has "suspence". Is a game riddled with bad passes and loss of possesion? The game is "shifting and fast paced". If you were to believe the people at TV2, there has not been a single low quality game broadcast on any of their channels since the beginning of last season, ever!

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

The tackle that lead to the second penalty didn't seem as bad when I saw it, but I only saw it during the match, and haven't seen it since. But I agree with you, those goals were superb.

Not sure if you've heard, but the new goalie, Pavel Londak, fractured a bone in his foot, that's why he didn't play against Ham-Kam. Jonas Kolstad stepped up and, as you probably saw, saved a penalty. Glimt have acquired Kenneth Høie from Start on loan for the remainder of the 1st part of the season, and have applied for a dispensation to the rule about transfers outside the transfer windows.

Glimtfølelsen.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

He retired due to his troublesome knee
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Novi

Post by Novi »

michzm wrote:I still think that tackle should of at least been a yellow card, It look as though at no stage did he actually ever go to get the ball....but whats it matter right? We won!
Yea, I think a yellow card would be proper. The player is on his way away from the goal (or at least not towards it), so a red card would be strict. Bjørdal seems to be a solid defender, but must not make to many of those tackles. I remember Christian Steen some years ago had a problem with making to many penalties...hope this isn't the situation with Bjørdal.
Una mas cerveza.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

I've wathed that situation several times now, and for me it seems that Bjørndal actually hits the ball first. It changes direction.
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

You're right, there were major issues with the forum last week. There are still some minor issues, but these will hopefully be tended to in the near future. What happened just before the weekend was a table malfunction (I believe) due to the webhost upgrading the running version on their servers. The errors occurring now are only minor -- usually posts are actually posted even if you get an error message.

In football news, Glimt picked up three shiny points at Kongsvinger on Sunday. 1-4 the score, Goals by Martins, Olsen (2) and Hamoud, or: Olsen (3) -- I'm not sure if that one fluke-ish goal counts. Last year we were hammerede in this game, losing helplessly 3-0. Only immediate downside is Randall Brenes picking up a slight concussion. On-loan goali, Londak replacement Kenneth Høie did an ok game and had no fault in the goal conceded. So, things are looking surrealistically bright at the moment, knock on wood, and the two next games (against Notodden and Tromsdalen I believe) are homegames that should usually result in a total of six points even when the team isn't performing ...

For highlights: http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/fotball/ (Internet Explorer only! It's a bit of a magic trick, click the right arrow besides "5. runde" so that it shows "6. runde", then click "Tippeligaen" and select "Adeccoligaen". Then select the game.

For non-IE, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awm2gXUox68.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Cleanup completed! As for your request, I'll have to ask our supreme dictator and ruler, Larsen. We'll let you know :wink:

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Same one! :lol:

Glimtfølelsen.
liverglimt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by liverglimt »

michzm wrote:so....what happened on the weekend? no video or results seen yet :wink:
Check up in the right corner on glimt.no.

Have a nce day!
@liverglimt
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

2-0 over Notodden on Sunday, 2-1 over Tromsdalen yesterday. People say with the worst ref ever, like we haven't heard that before. :lol:

But now we've got 19 points from seven matches. I for one, am only waiting for the first disappointment of the season :mrgreen:

Glimtfølelsen.