New Stadiums

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Oil, my friend, Oil ;)

"Only Between 10k and 25k seater"... Well That's pretty much in norwegian football. Aspyra has 6100 seats. Average number of spectators this season has been approximately 3000.

EDIT: SK Brann, Fredrikstad FK, Hamkam, IK Start, Stabaek IF, Vålerenga IF, Sandefjord Fotball and Odd Grenland (those mentioned on that site) all play in Tippeligaen, the top league here in Norway.

EDIT2: Half of our new stadium is relatively new; the Toyota section and Adidas section was finished in 2001 (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). We really want to get rid of the old fasioned Nordmegler section, get a section on the west short side of the pitch, and get a roof over Toyota. But since we already only fill up about half the stadium on matchday, it's unrealistic. And we just avoided bankruptcy, so we don't have any money for a new stadium.

Edit 3: And as far as I know, All of the above stasiums mentioned are new ones.
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Also, due to the TV rights agreement (somewhere in the region of NOK 1.1 B(!) for three years), Norwegian top league clubs are cashing in big. And we aren't a top league club.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Also, you should take into account that not few of todays arenas were originally built in the 60's or 70's. Aspmyra I believe is from the mid 70's originally? And it's not until the last ten years or so that there has been real money involved in Norwegian football. A lot of stadia are screaming for upgrades, and in a lot of cases, the club consider their long-term income (along with large investors) to be sufficient to initiate large projects that either upgrade or build anew. To add to it all, the interest rate is low and is expected to remain stable for a two-year period or so.

All is not well, though. A lot of clubs, in connection to the TV agreement, now se booming player wages. Norwegian players are expensive, and the situation is reminiscent of the English market, where clubs prefer to acquire "cheap" players from abroad as local talent is unaffordable. There are some big transfers at the moment, like Brann getting Martin Andresen for a double-figure amount of NOK millions, or getting Eirik Bakke back from Leeds. Also, Rosenborg spent NOK 10M for Marek Sapara and although he is foreign, that amount of money is seldom seen in Norwegian transfer figures. Probably, the clubs have learnt from the "transfer bubble" in the late 90's, where mediocre Norwegian players were sold abroad with promise of large performance-based transfer arrangements. In that perspective, big spending on facilities and wages is a lot more "acceptable" (i.e. seen as long-term planning) rather than spending big on the very buying of a player.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
brutus

Post by brutus »

f1-erik-hoftun wrote:I admire the IL Start and Stabaek stadion, wonderfull peach of art!
8)
DIXI
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Fin fersken.... lol
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
glimtrox

Post by glimtrox »

nydelig fersken ja!
Go shave your wrists Gillett!