Trond Olsen

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

MAQ

Trond Olsen

Post by MAQ »

Good Eveing all from England,

Im MAQ, A sheffield United Supporter or "Blade" as we prefer to be known

Ive registered to this forum due to the current interest in Trond Olsen

I was hoping i could get some of your own views about him and find out anything that you may know about his trial and possible transfer to the blades

I dont speak Norwegian so i hope you will bare with me

Thanks

PS: I am part of a forum for sheffield united you can find it here

http://www.sheff-utd.co.uk/forum/index.php
tomath

Re: Trond Olsen

Post by tomath »

There has been some confusion in the local papers concerning this possible transfer. At first, we were given the impression that he was going to Sheffield on trial, but then one local online newspaper wrote that Olsen was there for a medical and to meet the club and that a deal worth £2 mill. was more or less agreed. Today the newspapers wrote that he was sent home without a contract and would not be offered one at this point. Later today however, the chairman of Bodø/Glimt and Olsen's agent said that there are still talks between the clubs and the player and the deal is not dead. So it's very confusing and difficult to predict what will happen during the coming days, but it doesn't look like the deal is going to happen.
"If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff" - Karl Pilkington
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

hi Tomath

It does seem to be a strange one. We were only told that three players would be on trail at the club starting monday, but no players were named by the club. Rumours started to flow that Olsen would be at the club too, but nothing officially from the club. The latest today is that none of the players would be offered deals. But the latest, as you say is that the disscussions are ongoing and that there may be a deal.

All of this is speculation though, as no official word from the club has been given.

What is your opinion of Olsen? From what i have seen (And it is all internet based) he seems like the player we may need
eidurgud

Post by eidurgud »

He is extremely fast, and is used as a leftwinger in a 4-3-3 system. He has a very good left-foot, and scored 10 goals last season.

He's a very well liked player by the supporters here, but we kinda have to sell, to avoid losing our license..
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Hi Eidurgud,

From what i have seen he is very fast, which would be good for us.

What do you mean loose your liscence?
Boombadila

Post by Boombadila »

Olsen is what norwegian newspapers call a classic 4-3-3 winger/forward. He`s prefered foot is the left, of which he has scored goals from distances on freekick etc. If I were to judge, I`ll say that his may weapon is in his speed. Not so much the fact that he has a high top speed, but more the fact that he can get up to a great pace quite fast, thus leaving slower defenders behind. In the last season he scored 10 goals for us, and had 12 assist, which made him the best goalgetter and the player with most assist on Bodø/Glimt. I would say that if your team was to buy him, he would be a player that could have an impact, if he is used in a position which let him exploit his better qvalities.

Boombadila, who says sorry for very bad English.
No one knows the reason for all this, but it is probably quantum
eidurgud

Post by eidurgud »

Hi,

Every club in the top 2 divisjons in Norway has a license, given from the norwegian FA. To get this license, certain things has to be in order, such as economy. Our economy isn't the best, to be nice. We could really use the money from a sale of young mr. Olsen, according to the papers.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

MAQ

Glimt is almost on the verge of bankruptcy, so we more or less have to sell Olsen. What Eidurgud ment by losing the licence, it's the licence to play profesional football. If the club goes bankrupt, We'll "make a Leeds" and get relegated 2 divisions. All the pro-contracts to our players will be nullified. So we're in a serious situation.

The main sponsor have yet again saved us from bankrupcy for a little while, so we don't have to sell Olsen in this window, and wait until the summer, when the Norwegian season have started, and he hopefully has made a good spring season.

Cheers
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

thanks for the info Boombadila, and dont worry about your english, it is much much better than my Norwegian :D

I dont really know much about Olsen, but what i have seen before speaking to you all so far is that we could really use a player like this. We do have some players already with pace, but nothing that is left sided, which seems to be the same with lots of clubs in England. We dont seem to have many good left sided players. I am looking forward to finding out the latest with this, he seems like the player we are looking for.

Eidurgud,

in England we also have a similar theme, that we call "Share's". The FA issue a share at the begining of each season which is allowing the club to play for one season in each competition. Imnot sure of the rules here, but i havent ever heard of a club loosing its share, maybe the Norwegian rules are different. I take it the club are having financcial difficulties?
Boombadila

Post by Boombadila »

Well, unfortunately, the board has used mony like a seaman on leave, which means that mony are in short supply here, and that says it all I think.
No one knows the reason for all this, but it is probably quantum
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Hi Sulliken,

I did think that was what was meant, but im not familiar with your leagues etc, so needed to ask.

When do you think that Olsen will leave? And what do you think his Value is?
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

I suppose you've found this if you've searched, but anyways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7zQIE6P9D0.

Olsen is in some sense a man for the big occations. For instance, he scored in our relegation qualifier (2004), he scored in our promotion qualifier (2007) and he scored a hat-trick away against Rosenborg when Glimt won against Rosenborg for the first time in about 30 years.

His importance the previous season, these are only the games in which Olsens efforts helped secure points:

Assist in the 1-1 draw at home against Stabæk.
One goal in the 2-1 win at home against Aalesund.
One goal in the 2-0 win at home against Tromsø (killed the game).
One goal in the 1-0 win at home against Lillestrøm.
Two assists in the 2-2 draw at home against Molde.
Two assists in the 3-2 win at home against Viking.
One assist in the 2-1 win away against Molde.
One assist and one goal in the 3-1 win at home against Brann.
One assist in the 2-1 win at home against Fredrikstad.
One assist in the 2-2 draw away against HamKam.
Two goals in the 3-2 win at home against Strømsgodset.
And, as mentioned, three goals in the 3-1 win away against Rosenborg.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
eidurgud

Post by eidurgud »

In other words, he is indispensible to us..
tomath

Post by tomath »

Our former chairman said that he would not sell Olsen for less than 10 mill NOK (a litt less than £1 mill. I think), but he has resigned now. A sale much lower than £1 mill. is probably out of the question though since it would not be enough to solve the club's financial problems. If Bodø/Glimt want to survive Olsen will probably have to be sold this transfer window, or maybe the next.

One more thing about Olsen that I don't think has been mentioned: One important part of Bodø/Glimt's tactics is quick counter attacks, and this is a style of football that really suits Olsen. I don't know what kind of football Sheffield United plays, but unless you're a team that likes to attack quickly when you get the ball I don't think Olsen is the right player for you.
"If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff" - Karl Pilkington
ingen87

Post by ingen87 »

I just want to mention that he also got his debut on the Norwegian Nathional Team this autumn.. Cannot see that some other have said it!
Førr Evig!
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

thanks guys for all the information,

I will check back and update you all if there is any more information from our side. I hope you club manages to get through the financial problems, is cant be good for you. As far as what we would pay for a player like olsen, i beleive that a figure of £1m to £1.5m may be what the club would pay, but who knows!

PS: We have been told about the national debut, this was mentioned by a member of our forum called Burn, he is norwegian, and has given us some information, but i dont know if he is a Sheff Utd fan or Glimt

Come and see our forum, always welcome

http://www.sheff-utd.co.uk/forum/index.php
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Any new News from your side of the water?
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

Only confusing and contradicting news. There are lots of places saying the deal is off, but some Norwegian media are reporting that Glimt and Sheffield Utd are still negotiating. I don't know what's happening. It could be that Sheffield Utd wants to keep a lid on this to prevent other interested clubs from making a bid, then again all the information saying the deal is still on comes from the players agent. He could be full of shit, who knows.
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Latest news coming from our side is that the clubs are to enter into negotiations on Monday with the move to be firmed up quickly.

Not an official comment but that is the word from certain people connected with the club.

Not sure if there is anything new on your side.
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

We have heard the same

Glimt plays right now a friendly against Mo IL, a club on the 3rd level (2. divisjon. The Tippeliga and the Adeccoliga is above that level). Trond Olsen was cut down inside 16 and was rewarded with a penalty, witch our aptain, Jan Derek Sørensen scored on.

Trond Olsen also have had some shots, but they have been wide. (exept one shot that the keeper saved)
Last edited by Sulliken on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Faris Moumbagna
tomath

Post by tomath »

It seems like the source on both sides is the same though. The only person who has claimed that Sheff Utd are still interested is Olsen's agent. He could be telling the truth of course, but it does seem strange that the clubs apparently aren't communicating directly with each other.
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Good afternoon Guys,

A few close sources seem to think that Olsens agent is in sheffield today however there had been no confirmation of this that we can find.

Traditionally our club conducts transfer negotiations in close quarters to avoid other clubs highjacking signings so no news from our side is very much the norm. Even to the point that a public denial of contract offerings can be the complete opposite of what is actually happening.

Has there been any more word from your side of things?

PS: When is your season due to start again? I believe you are currently on a winter break, is that right?
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

We haven't heard anything yet (have pushed "F5" a million times on an.no and ab24.no)

Our season starts March 15 and ends in November. And that's the whole season. We are on a winter break, yes, but the break is between seasons. Quite different from other european countries.
-Faris Moumbagna
supahman

Post by supahman »

Just keep on posting links and stuff bout Olsen from ur local newspapers... etc..
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... ry_state0=

To expensive.
The Norweigan word "Dyr" means "Expensive" or "Animal" :lol: