Trond Olsen

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

MAQ

Re: Trond Olsen

Post by MAQ »

@ sulliken

Quick question, do you also post on other forums as "Burn"?

Thanks for the linky, this does seem to be the general consensus
Glimt1916

Post by Glimt1916 »

No he doesn't, but I do :wink:

It would be very interesting if you could update us on what Sheffield Utd has to say about these negotiations. If there were any negotiations to begin with. It may just be talk from the players agent.
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Glimt1916 wrote:No he doesn't, but I do :wink:

It would be very interesting if you could update us on what Sheffield Utd has to say about these negotiations. If there were any negotiations to begin with. It may just be talk from the players agent.
By all means i will update you with what i know, unfortunately this is very little

As i mentioned before, our club conducts all of its business (Where ever possible) behind closed doors, and because of this our usual route of information comes through a number of fans or friends who have close ties with the club. Its very rare for any information to be picked up by the press (even the local press) in the same way in which many of the premier league teams conduct their own business.

All we do know from this side is that 3 players were on trial at our club a few weeks ago, one Norwegian, One Swedish and one French. This was the official statement made by the club. No names were given at all. On this basis we believe that the Norwegian was Olsen, this hasnt been confirmed ar denied by the club. Since then the only news officially was that the 3 players would be returning to their parent clubs and we would not be pursuing them.

This in itself doesnt surprise me, it would be a simple tactical move by the club but since that announcement there has been no other words either official or unofficial.

Nothing has been picked up in either our national or local press or media, and as all of the talking has come from Olsens agent it seems more likely to me that this has been a tactical move by him to try and generate a move away from Glimt for Olsen.

I have been reading the other topics on your forum (With google translation help) and this seems to be pretty much in sync with many other fans views.

Personally i cant see this happening, but there are still days left of the window, but i feel sorry for the player as this seems to be a bad move and illadvised by his agent