Updates on Glimt

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Ville Lehtinen

Post by Ville Lehtinen »

michzm wrote:... and there was one of a glimt player getting red carded, Tall guy with afro I didnt catch his name on his shirt but throwing a wild guess im saying its one of the Costa Ricians? anyway I saw him come up in a few other film clip with some awsome play. Whats his story?
It's Roy Miller, and I guess that red card was from last season's away game against Hønefoss. He has gotten rid of that afro now (unfortunately, many would say :) ).

He was also a Costa Rica international at the time when Glimt purchased him and Randall Brenes (summer of 05), but was ditched from their World Cup squad in the last minute. Still, he is a top class defender, and will be a strong contender for the left back spot against Ruben Imingen, who was named player of the year last season. That luxury problem was solved last year with Miller taking the centre back postion instead.
tomath

Post by tomath »

bonitao wrote:Prediction results to next game over Notodden?
Well, it's always difficult to predict restults in friendlies, but personally I expect a win in this match. Glimt showed that they're in good form in the match against Rosenborg, and even though Notodden has an exciting team that could do well this season they're still just promoted to Adeccoligaen and is one of the teams Glimt must finish ahead in order to get promotion. I think Glimt will win 3-1 after goals by Olsen, Martins and Brenes.
Ville Lehtinen

Post by Ville Lehtinen »

bonitao wrote:Live net or tv game x Notodden?
Live text coverage at http://www.an.no/fotball/live .

TV coverage - probably not, atleast not live.
MhepA

Post by MhepA »

Ville Lehtinen wrote:
bonitao wrote:Live net or tv game x Notodden?
Live text coverage at http://www.an.no/fotball/live .

TV coverage - probably not, atleast not live.
But the comments will be on norwegian.
When the text is red and there are comming a result at the end of it. Someone has scored.
En gang Glimt, alltid GLIMT!
Larsen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larsen »

Video from the game against notodden:

http://dengulehorde.no/iwips/357419747/ ... g%20nyhet/
tomath

Post by tomath »

The season starts in about five weeks, but Glimt is playing Tromsdalen in a friendly tomorrow. The big news today is that there's been a fight during training between Roy Miller and Trond Olsen, and apparently there's been several incidents during the last two weeks and coach Kent Bergersen seems to be fed up with it.

On the more positive side, yesterday we finally got to see the new jerseys from Diadora. You can see them here:

http://multimedia.api.no/www.an.no/arch ... 57349g.jpg
Ville Lehtinen

Post by Ville Lehtinen »

michzm wrote:So what has been going on up there, Births, deaths and marriages? how far we off the start of the season....or has it already started?
As far as births are concerned, Mounir Hamoud has decided to skip the training camp at La Manga because he and his wife are to become first-time parents around that time.

Although I don't think no one really blames him for this decision, it is unfortunate, because the La Manga sessions largely decides the starting lineup for the start of the season.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

But there is a stripe! Or, actually, two of them, underneath the arms, running the entire height of the jersey. We'll all grow to like it I bet :wink:

Todays match against Tromsdalen ended in a 4-2 win after debutant Thiago Martins scored a double. The other goals were provided by Trond Olsen and Randall Brenes. Glimt put on a dismal first half in a 4-4-1-1 formation that most of us fans can't get any grip on. The team looks sluggish, presicion is low and a lot is left to coincidence. After making eight -- 8 -- substitutions on half-time, the score being 1-1, Glimt came out in their usual 4-3-3 and looked a lot better.

This was the last traning match before the team heads for training camp at La Manga, and the preparations for the league start will commence for real. There seems to be a lot of things to work on, but a few players showed today that we might be in for some fun this season.
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Randall Brenes was sent off in the La Manga training match against Hønefoss. It seems the linesman was the only one who spotted any infringement, but the FA has desided to stick with the decision to award Brenes a two-match ban. Glimt have appealed, but if the appeal does not yield a change in the ban, Glimt will be without Brenes for the two first games of the season.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

That's just the thing, the reports say it was nothing serious. Even the "victim" said he couldn't understand anything ...

However, two matches is Norwegian standard for a straight red card. And bans apply to tournament matches, so the ban is effectuated not until the season starts. This seems kind of strange to me at least, since if Glimt had been participating in a friendly tournament, the ban could have been served then.

Glimts discipline record is a bit of both I guess. Runar Berg was the league leader in yellow cards in the 2005 season, and the club got a few red cards last year. Some years ago, however, we were drawn as one of the winners of an extra UEFA Cup slot as "fair play winners".

Glimtfølelsen.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

todays friendly game recording at: http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/fotball/?ref=til
no ser eg atter.....

i min hunds øyne drukner jeg mine dypeste sorger.

- Henrik Wergeland

http://www.amstaffnorge.org
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

New game today. The first Home game for the season. We played a draw the first round away against Hønefoss. Today we play Mandalskameratene (MK). They got promoted to Adeccoligaen this year. We all expect a victory in this game. However, MK played a god first round at home against Kongsvinger (KIL), and beat them 2-0. (last year we lost away against KIL).

We hope for the best.
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Thiago Martins seems to have got his italian passport. Other than that I'm not sure there is much news about the club. Todays line-up seems to be the same as against Hønefoss on Monday (0-0), but we expect a win today.

Vaguely related: the local radio is not allowed to broadcast the away games on the web any more, only FM radio, due to restrictions by the media agreement between the FA and TV2/Telenor. So those of us not in Bodø are screwed.

Glimtfølelsen.