Updates on Glimt

Discuss different Glimt-related topics in english.

Moderators: Sulliken, Larsen

Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Kesseboy wrote:I also feel pree-ee-eetty sure they won't end up being white- and red-striped. :lol:
That would have been something :lol:
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

0-0 away against Sogndal today. A pretty decent effort where we once again couldn't capitalize on having the majority of offers in front of the goal. Bryne also played 0-0, so we still have a theoretical go at the qualification spot--Bryne have to lose at home to Sparta, who are fighting relegation, while we have to beat Moss at home. Also, if we don't do what we have to, and Bryne lose, Hønefoss might steal the qual spot. Talk about your dark horse ...

A bit of trivia: The two forementioned games were the only goalless games in the Adecco league this round. The other five games totalled 27 goals!
Når du forventer det verste. Venter på at det skal skje. Og så skjer det.

Glimtfølelsen.
tomath

Post by tomath »

Some very interesting and amusing news for the supporters yesterday: Our former coach Trond Sollied (now at Olympiakos in Greece) threatened Den Gule Horde with a lawsuit in which he would demand 30 million NOK (I think that's somewhere between 2,5 and 3 million UK pounds) after his name was mentioned in the famous letter from DGH's board to Bodø/Glimt's players if an official apology and correction was not given to him. The board of DGH almost immediately gave him what he wanted and consider the case closed.

The amusing part is that noone outside of Bodø seemed to have noticed that Trond Sollied had been mentioned in this letter. So all he has accomplished with demanding and receiving this apology is probably that his name is going to be the first thing that comes to mind for the rest of Norway whenever they think of DGH's famous letter.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Well well. It's another year in the mud for us. We couldn't even clinch the fourth place, but ended up in fifth. Bryne got their point against Sparta, Hønefoss beat Follo as expected, but we had to go and mess it all up in a 5-5 (!) draw. Going 1-0 up in the first minute didn't get us far as we never were to be in the lead again.

Now we're looking forward to next season, hoping something will happen that ensures us things will go the right way.

Glimtfølelsen.
tomath

Post by tomath »

- The brazilian striker Thiago Martins has been offered a 6-month-contract.

- Our finish left winger Tani Stafsula has been released from the club by mutual agreement.

- There is also a rumour that our versatile defender Roy Miller could go on loan to norwegian Tippeliga club Sandefjord next season, possibly with an option for Sandefjord to buy him.

I think that's about it. Not too many news in other words.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Silly season! I haven't had the chance to update this thread due to an intense exam period, but here are some news:

The players have been given time off from just about now and until early january, when everyone comes back to start the pre-season. Until then, most of what happens is transfer-related, or in our case, our frustration results from there being very little transfer-related activity.

Tani Stafsula has been released from his contract, and Olav Tuelo Johannesen was not signed, and returns to Sandefjord as the loan has ended. There are rumours about Glimt signing brazilian Thiago Martins on a 6 month contract (we're thinking the contract will be extended if he is granted an italian passport, that would ensure him not interfering with the non-EEC player quota). There are also rumours about Roy Miller being sent on loan to Sandefjord, something quite a few of us will be unhappy with. Johan Lædre Bjørdal, a promising defender from Viking was signed this summer, and will join the club when the players get back for pre-season. Tromsø IL is reported to be interested in Tom Høgli, but made a bid that was rejected as too low.

Glimt also had offered contracts to two players, a goalkeeper and a forward (other than Martins). The GK is said to still be considering, the forward declined. Most of us fans would like to see a new GK, a new right fullback and perhaps a forward, but we find any signings during december to be unlikely, as trials are out of the question. There are promising junior players in the club, but no one can tell for sure if any of them will be able to step up and take responsibility this season.

Also, the club had a bit of a run-in with an italian fraud, who presented himself as a talented young player, who could join Glimt as part of a scheme organized by the Italian FA. Glimt presented the news in public, but were left with red faces as further inquiry revealed the entire thing as a fraud.

Anything else? I can't remember right now. Hope to have more news on signed players soon, but I guess we won't be so lucky ...

EDIT: tomath beat me to a few things, but I'm to lazy to really edit my post. :wink:

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

:lol:

This individual trying to sell himself as an Italian U21 international turned out to be quite the conjurer--having tried the same approach with several clubs in the UK without much luck. Strangely, they all seem to call his bluff when they start to investigate the facts of things ...

And no, we're not trying to get rid of Horn! We're just not sure he'll be able to recover from the injury that kept him sidelined this entire season. Langnes had to retire due to injury, Bakkemo's qualities we know very little of, and rumours have it Kolstad might be leaving for Spain. In any case, it is my impression that Kolstad is a good goalie, who has stepped up and taken a great responsibility this season, but falls short when it comes to a few things. To mention some, in all fairness he's not top-class, and is prone to make mistakes. I suppose most fans are greatful for Kolstads efforts this season (they should be), but feel a need for a top-class goalie, like Horn at his best, at least until the club's own talented young goalies are ready to step up.

And a Brazilian at Glimt, yes, I believe that will be a first. We have two guys from Costa Rica, other than that the foreigners at the club have been icelandic, finnish, british, albanian, tunisian, and there is the aussie (I might be leaving someone out now). Anyway, the guys from banana land are performing excellent, so perhaps we will have some samba too?

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

OH! I forgot to mention earlier -- Glimt is now home to three world cup winners! Olav Råstad, Trond Olsen and Tom Høgli appeared in the Sápmi side (Lappish team) that won the VIVA World Cup for minorities without nations. A cup marred by teams not getting visas and so on. The final was won with a cricket score, but hey -- a bucket is a bucket, right?

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Glimtfølelsen.
eidurgud

Post by eidurgud »

World Cup for minorities :lol:
Sulliken

Post by Sulliken »

Next year, maybe the Aboriginals will sign up? They definitly qualify.
The North belongs to Bodø.
-Faris Moumbagna
ostogvin

Post by ostogvin »

michzm wrote:4 teams.....what kinda world cup is that?
There should have been 4 teams, but the Southern Cameroun team did not get visas, so only 3 teams participated.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

The Brazilian is signed (in Norwegian). He has signed for one year, and is currently in touch with the Italian authorities, hoping to obtain an italian passport, so that he won't infringe on the non-EEC player quota. As the link states, he has italian grandparents.

Glimtfølelsen.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

:skål
no ser eg atter.....

i min hunds øyne drukner jeg mine dypeste sorger.

- Henrik Wergeland

http://www.amstaffnorge.org
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

There are more teams, but there was a competing tournament in Cyprus, I think. Such things always takes time to spark off, and not all the minorities in question have as much money to spend. The Sami/Lappish population, at least in Norway, is pretty well off, with their own parliament with partial autonomy and so on. But agreed, that won't amount to much if they don't straighten up their scheme.

Glimtfølelsen.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Fixtures 2007

09. april Hønefoss BK - Bodø/Glimt
15. april Bodø/Glimt – Mandalskameratene
22. april Ham-Kam - Bodø/Glimt
29. april Bodø/Glimt - Skeid
06. may Kongsvinger - Bodø/Glimt
13. may Bodø/Glimt - Notodden
16. may Bodø/Glimt -Tromsdalen
28. may Haugesund - Bodø/Glimt
03. june Bodø/Glimt - Molde
10. june Bryne - Bodø/Glimt
17. june Bodø/Glimt - Raufoss
20. june Løv Ham - Bodø/Glimt
24. june Bodø/Glimt - Sogndal
01. july Moss - Bodø/Glimt

22. july Bodø/Glimt - Sparta Sarpsborg
29. july Bodø/Glimt - Hønefoss BK
05. august Mandalskameratene - Bodø/Glimt
12. august Bodø/Glimt - Ham-Kam
19. august Skeid - Bodø/Glimt
26. august Bodø/Glimt - Kongsvinger
02. september Notodden - Bodø/Glimt
09. september Tromsdalen - Bodø/Glimt
16. september Bodø/Glimt - Haugesund
23. september Molde – Bodø/Glimt
30. september Bodø/Glimt – Bryne
07. oktober Raufoss – Bodø/Glimt
14. oktober Bodø/Glimt – Løv Ham
21. oktober Sogndal – Bodø/Glimt
28. oktober Bodø/Glimt – Moss
04. november Sparta Sarpsborg – Bodø/Glimt

might be of some interest?
no ser eg atter.....

i min hunds øyne drukner jeg mine dypeste sorger.

- Henrik Wergeland

http://www.amstaffnorge.org
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

After seven seasons at the club, defender Håvard Halvorsen has decided to call it quits and retire. As his education is one of a civil engineer in the field of petroleum geology (I think), his new job will be with some oil company, I suppose Statoil.

Glimtfølelsen.
Kesseboy

Post by Kesseboy »

Hey man, happy new years :wink:

It's all pretty quiet now, but the players will meet up soon (if they haven't) to commence pre-season training, then there probably will be more news. The only thing stirring about at the moment is that there is said to be an oral agreement between the club and a swedish right-back. Nothing is confirmed, though, and we don't know who he might be.

Glimtfølelsen.
tomath

Post by tomath »

Glimt has today signed a swedish right back called Daniel Blomgren. He's played the last six seasons in the swedish club GAIS, but doesn't cost anything as he is out of contract. He's 24 years old and has signed for two years.

The club is also very close to buying the estonian goalkeeper Pavel Londak. He's 26 years old and is currently contracted to Flora Tallin. He will be offered a four year contract.